Places to go on the Internet to practice your hacking skills.
Here is a site that lists some of the above and a bunch more:
“22 Hacking Sites, CTFs and Wargames“
Here are some extra places you can get target VMs from:
Other Operating Systems:
- Open Indiana – Community-driven Illumos Distribution
- XStreamOS – A Server and Desktop OS based on the Illumos kernel.
- Open Solaris – An Open version of Solaris for you to play around with. You have to create or have an Oracle account to download these. The accounts are free to setup.
- Android-x86 – Run the Android OS on your PC
- Pure Darwin – emulates a Mac OS X environment
So I played with a vulnerable VM this weekend. This particular one is called Kioptrix 1. You can check out the write up of it, under that section of the site, or click here to go straight there,